The Alm's Houses

Conservation   Castleblaney, Co.Monaghan, Ireland

The Alms Houses in Castleblayney were built in 1879 to provide accommodation for “single elderly people of good character from the Castleblayney area”. They consisted of twenty apartments in a two-storey red brick building with a separate lodge for the Caretaker.

In August 2001 The Lord Blayney Trust appointed Teague & Sally as their Architects for this project to oversee the renovation and conversion of the existing accommodation into ten attractive spacious apartments which would meet all current housing standards whilst retaining the original character of the Victorian building.

View Gallery Back to Projects